Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Daydream Believer

I have found that there is a difference between daydreamers and daydream believers. Sure, anyone can come up with a fantasy of themselves and hope that it will come true, but believers act. In August I felt like I was called to go to Africa and serve there. I didn't know why, but I knew that it was one of the main reasons the Lord moved me from Virginia all the way to Alpine, Utah. I started daydreaming about the day I would step into a tiny village in some rural area of Africa and help a child in need. I never knew what that daydream--that prompting--would lead to. Somehow, I believed that it would happen because God told me in my heart.

So then I acted. I started making the effort to make this dream a reality. And through it all I have learned that fulfilling a dream is never easy. It takes a lot of gusto, courage, and willingness to sacrifice the now for the then. You have to have perspective and know when it is time to take a step into the unknown and trust in that Someone who knows much more than we do. Some times making dreams happen means quitting your job to pursue what really makes you happy or starting from the ground and building something from nothing. Fulfilling dreams is not for the faint hearted.

Neither is leading out on a dream. You have to be positive no matter what trials come on the road to fulfillment. You must push everyone to stand up even when all they/you want to do is lie down. You must never let up, slow down, or lose hope. You must fight for that dream and never give up. It's been a trying time since that first daydream in August. I've had a lot of discouraging days where I felt like all I could do was give up. I've cried countless times and gotten countless blessings but through it all I had this triangle of light in my heart that told me to be at peace and that everything would work out. All I had to do was work my guts out and be a daydream believer.

And do you know what? I've got a plane ticket to Kenya on July 11th and I'm going. My dream has become a reality.

2 comments:

  1. That is amazing! I think that it is so awesome that you set out to do this and now you are finally going!!! I have always wanted to go to New York city, but not for the same valiant purpose as you, I am going in two days!!! YOU ROCK!!! Never stop being amazing and I love the pictures you take!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE AWESOME!!!! I love that your daydream became reality! I am glad we are on the same team!

    ReplyDelete