Saturday, May 25, 2013

My heart strings and yours.




"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of the time, the place, or the circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."

I never planned on meeting you. I wasn't hoping to get my heart invested in this place or this group or these mountains. I tried to guard my soul. But as I got closer to my new home, my whole being danced in the slack of the red thread between you and me. It had been pulled taut for so long but the connection was certain. I couldn't avoid it. My little finger was tied to your little finger and no matter how much it was pulled and knotted, I was destined to be here in this place, at this time, with YOU. All of you. 

You have made me laugh so hard I thought my abs would never recover. You have made me cry so much I thought my tear ducts would be eternally empty. You have made me feel more confident in myself than I've ever felt in my life. You have made me question myself and examine myself closer in the mirror and wonder what I'm doing wrong. You have understood me better than anyone. You have made me feel alone and unloved. You have taught me to love others unconditionally. You have taught me patience. You have made me a better me. You have made me sing and dance and run and scream and I can't thank you enough.

That red thread will always connect us, no matter the distance of time and space. I will always walk with a lighter step because there's a fine union between my heart and yours--and that union only became fonder as we swayed in accord, walked for a cure, and sent praises heavenward. 

"I'd like to believe everyone who comes across this blog was destined to do so for one reason or another". In some small way, whether I know you well or not, you have touched my life and I hope I've touched yours; for wherever our paths go, we will forever have this red thread--this life line--that binds us together. And it will never be severed. 



1 comment:

  1. This is incredibly beautiful.
    Perfectly said. Perfectly written.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete