Saturday, July 9, 2011

O Jerusalem

        I was spending the day at my Grandma's house last week and we got talking about Jerusalem and how special it is. She rummaged through her office to find a book that my brother, Andy, made after his experience at the BYU Jerusalem Center. My Grandma left me to journey through the pages of that book and as I did I felt a longing I had never felt before. This force like magnetism, drawing me to that holy place. I had heard my family tell me over and over how wonderful that Holy Land is, but I had never felt it's power until I read that book. After this realization of the love I have for this place I have yet to go to, I have resolved to do everything in my power to get there. I want with all my heart to walk where my dear Savior walked and to feel the power of those ancient walls. I can see how Jerusalem has marked my family and I want that mark on my spirit as well.
        This realization came with a yearning for travel in general. I love to experience new places and learn the history and the culture of a people. I love photographing sights and capturing feelings. My parents have always told me to not let my schooling get in the way of my education but now I know that I shouldn't. Will I remember two weeks in Jerusalem or another two weeks in high school? O Jerusalem, I long to see thee. I want to be changed by your spirit and filled with your beauty. Here is a video my sister made after her experience at the Jerusalem Center.
So today marks the day I have resolved to do everything in my power to experience all that I can, to pull back the fleshy parts of my heart and let life in.

No comments:

Post a Comment